Live scan fingerprinting is the electronic version of capturing fingerprints: using a scanner, you capture prints that can be sent automatically to whatever agency needs them. A computer then matches them and sends back results ASAP. It’s sleek, easy, modern.
Yes, there are possible benefits:
- Fingerprintees (is that a word?) don’t leave with fingers covered in ink.
- Technicians can repeat a fingerprint a lot more easily to make sure it’s good enough.
- The prints can be sent instantly to wherever they need to go (meaning the results of whatever check is being done come back faster, too).
- Fingerprintees (we’re owning it) still usually require assistance to capture fingerprints the agency will accept – after all, not many of us are experts in what makes a good print.
- Technicians still usually need to help people capture acceptable prints – even the coolest scanner can’t do everything.
- The prints are transferred electronically – just like your emails, your credit card numbers, your everything-else-personal you’re willing to share someplace where someone else might be able to intercept it.
The truth is, the experience hasn’t kept up to the technology.
You still have to make an appointment, commute out of your way to a place you’d rather not visit, and take a bunch of time out of your schedule to get the fingerprints done. Plus, the technology isn’t usually all that easy to use (really, it can get complicated).
At SureID, though, we try to do better – to realize the value and convenience that live scan fingerprinting can bring to the modern world.
To make that possible, we built our SureID Registration Station with the latest scanner and touch-screen technology. We modernized our interface so it walks you through everything you need to do to make sure your application will be accepted. We also made the whole thing secure, physically and electronically, to keep your information safe.
Then, we set up training for the technicians who’ll help you. They know how to verify your identity and help you capture acceptable prints.
In the process, we also built a nationwide network of over 820 fingerprinting locations across the US, where you can go without an appointment and get your fingerprints done on your schedule.
And now, we’re working on partnering with as many organizations as we can, so you can get from application to acceptance faster.
Live scan technology should make it easier for you to get fingerprints for volunteer opportunities, overseas trips, etc. We know that, and we built a system and network designed to do just that.
Got questions? Want to know who SureID works with? Reach out! We have the best team in the business. Email us at email@example.com, or give us a call at 844.787.3431.
Comments are closed.